The Master in Behavioral Science and Public Policy trains students in a wide range of advanced techniques in the study of human behavior. Graduates of the program will accurately and rigorously analyze human populations, measuring their preferences, expectations, opinions, and behaviors with an understanding of thebiases that affect individual judgments and the collective phenomena that emerge from their interactions.
This master's program has been designed to respond to a new demand, and to allow its graduates to seize an increasing number of opportunities in Behavioral Science in today's world. It is part of an international academic trend that is driving the world’s most renowned universities to develop similar programs.
While focused on Behavioral Science in the broad sense – experimental psychology, cognitive science, behavioral ecology, cognitive anthropology – the program also borrows tools, theoretical reflections and inspiration from neighboring disciplines: sociology, economics, political science, and the philosophy of social science and data sciences.
This interdisciplinarity is indispensable to training individuals who can face today’s most pressing public policy challenges so many of which require engagement from distinct perspectives and with different tools.
- (DAT505) Experimental Psychology: Advanced Data Analysis 1
- (DAT506) L'Enquête: Analyse des Données Avancée 1
- (ECO519) Evidence-Based Decision-Making in Complex and Risky Environments
- (MAN501) Public Management and Leadership
- (POL505) La Participation des Populations aux Politiques Publiques
- Elective Course
- (BEH501) Debate Workshop: Evidence-Based Argumentation and Communication
- (BEH502) Behavioral Insights for Public Policy in Africa
- (BEH503) Technologie, Cognition et Société
- (DAT507) Statistiques et Politiques Publiques
- (ECO509) Politiques du Développement Durable
- Elective Course
- L'Enquête: Analyse des Données Avancée 2
- (DAT603) Experimental Psychology: Advanced Data Analysis 2
- Thematic Seminars in Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Master’s Thesis Preparation
- SPECIALISATION (You can choose up to three courses from the list below)
- (BEH601) Behavioral Sciences Applied to Politics
- (BEH602) Behavioral Science Applied to Marketing and Communication
- (BEH603) Human Behavior and Ecology
- (ECO603) Planification et Politiques Economiques pour le Développement Local et Régional
This Master trains new profiles, endowed with skills that are highly sought after on the job market today. Job opportunities include a manager or project manager in the collection and analysis of data collected from populations, in the public sector (administrations, ministries, local authorities) as well as in the private sector (offices studies, consulting firm, non-governmental organizations, associations, marketing agencies). The possible fields of application are numerous and varied: opinion polls and studies, in particular political, managerial evaluation of an organization, household surveys (consumption, employment, social and cultural practices), demographic surveys, training surveys and the dissemination of new ideas or convictions, study of the perceptions of target populations of public policies (for example in the field of social policies), regional planning or policies of the employment, education surveys, inclusiveness, participatory policies, gender issues and sustainable development and the environment.
In addition, the solid capacities acquired by the graduates of this Master in some academic disciplines (behavioral sciences, sociology, political science) associated with their original profile, allow students to pursue doctoral studies that are public policy oriented.