Associate Professor[email protected] Téléchager le CV
Jan Galip Erk is an Associate Professor at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University.
His expertise covers a broad array of areas of high interest to our cluster, including comparative law, governance, public policy and conflict resolution. A few highlights among his affiliations include Bilkent University, Cambridge University, the University of the Western Cape and Leiden University. Professor Erk has also served as member of the editorial boards for such refereed journals as Ethnopolitics, Regional and Federal Studies, and the Law and Development Review; as well as member of the advisory boards of Publis: the Journal of Federalism and the Canadian Journal of Political Science.
Professor Erk’s most recently published books are:
▪ The Ethnopolitics of Ethnofederalism in Ethiopia (Routledge, 2018)
▪ Decentralization, Democracy, and Development in Africa (Routledge, 2018)
▪ Federalism and Decentralization in Sub-Saharan Africa (Routledge, 2018)
Professor Erk has a Bachelor of Science in International Relations, a Masters’ degree in European Studies, and two doctorates: a PhD in Political Science from McGill University and an LLD in Public Law from the University of Pretoria.
For the academic year 2022-2023
- (POL306) Advanced Political Theory 1
- (RES502) Qualitative Research Methods for Social Sciences 1
- (RES504) Qualitative Research Methods for Social Sciences 2
- (RES603) Thematic Seminars in Political Science / Master's Thesis Preparation