Coordinatrice des formations doctorales
The Faculty of Governance, Economics and Social Sciences (FGSES) at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) offers a four-year doctoral program in economics. Our program provides students with rigorous training in economic theory and quantitative methods – with the level of rigor being consistent with internationally competitive doctoral programs in economics. Your training is backed by a group of internationally recognized economists with experience across a wide range of topics.
In the first year, students receive rigorous “pre-doc” training in microeconomics (four, half semester modules), macroeconomics (four, half semester modules) and econometrics (two, full semester modules). After successfully passing written “preliminary exams” at the end of the first year, a student officially enters the doctoral program. In the second year, students take courses (workshops and lecture-based courses) in advanced topics in economics and quantitative methods, and begin defining dissertation topics. The third and fourth years are devoted to research – i.e., writing the dissertation.
Areas Of Specialization :
- Rural and Agricultural economics
- Behavioral and experimental economics
- Decision support and risk management
- Development economics
- Economic growth
- Environmental economics
- Natural resource economics
- General equilibrium modeling
- International finance
- Monetary policy and public finance
- Policy analysis - economic modelling of sectoral and macroeconomic policies
- Quantitative methods for impact analysis of public policy
Funding : Admitted applicants receive a competitive package consisting of a tuition waiver, monthly stipend and insurance for their pre-doc and doctoral study periods.
Potential students are invited apply through the online platform https://www.fgses-um6p.ma/programme-doctoral-en-sciences-economiques.
A complete application will include the following:
- (i) certificate(s) of current diplomas or proof of current registration in an M.S. program;
- (ii) official transcripts (license/bachelor and M.A./M.S.);
- (iii) a cover letter explaining your academic background, your research interests, and your interest in the FGSES Ph.D. program in economics (12 point font, two page maximum);
- (iv) research documents (article briefs, research reports, journal articles);
- (v) English language proficiency tests (TOEFL or equivalent);
- (vi) the names and contact information of two references familiar with your academic and research potential.
Application review begins on April 1 of each year. Only complete applications will be evaluated.
Main campus address: Lot 660, Hay Moulay Rachid, Ben Guerir, 43150, Morocco. Tel: (0)525-073146.
Directeur de la formation doctorale en sciences économiques