- Basic knowledge of statistics and their use
- Ease of use of excel spreadsheets.
- Decision Making, Systems, Modeling, and Support
- Decision Support Systems: An Overview Modeling and Analysis
- Modeling and Analysis Data Warehousing
- Business Analytics and Data Visualization
- Data, Text, and Web Mining
- Business Performance Management
- Collaboration, Communication Group Support Systems, and Knowledge Management
- Knowledge Management
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
- Advanced Intelligent Systems
- Intelligent Systems Over the Internet
- System Development and Acquisition
- Integration, Impacts, and the Future of Management Support Systems.
- Understand concepts of a Decision Support System (DSS) and its effect on management:
Define the purpose of a DSS.
Define data warehousing,
Define and differentiate between the data warehouse, data marts, and data mining,
Differentiate between OLAP and OLTP systems,
Contrast data, information, and knowledge as they apply to the DSS,
Define computer-based inferencing,
Discuss various tools assisting IT professionals surrounding DSS,
Define and describe the usefulness of the neural network.
- Application of DSS techniques to real-world scenarios and situations:
Construct an expert system using a programming language or the Microsoft Office suite of tools,
Perform data analysis using Microsoft Excel pivot tables,
Apply the Nominal Group Technique (NGT) and the Delphi method,
Use linear programming methods to solve multivariate problems,
Research the effectiveness of Prolog, a computer language developed for artificial intelligence processing.